10/21/13

Get Your MASK On!


Hi Dolls!

I have been away for far too long and I do apologize! Hope you all are doing well. I wanted to touch on skin care maintenance and conditioning. Let’s be honest, no one wants to age and prevention and good skin care routines are key to beautiful skin!

Are you spending the time on your skin that it needs weekly? Requiring applying a facial mask twice a week? Well if not, you may want to start. Facial mask benefits are endless. They not only condition and treat the skin, but bring life back to your skin as well.

I cannot stress the importance of skin care enough. Working in the industry I do, it has surely opened my eyes to realizing that I can’t trade my skin in down the road. Aging is inevitable, but we can at least provide a great skin care routine day and night to keep our largest organ looking its best.

So what mask to buy you ask will depend on your skin type. There are several different types of masks out there depending on your skin type. Oily/combination skin benefits from clay masks to fight acne. There are exfoliating masks to wash away dead skin cells. People who are dry, benefit from anything from glycerin to aromatherapy oils. Sensitive or easily irritated skin should look for a mask with green tea ingredients. Also, play around with ingredients in your own kitchen to mix the perfect combination for your skin.

Never applied a mask, and not really sure what to do. Before applying your mask, be sure and remove all makeup with a cleansing cloth. Proceed to wash your face with your cleanser of choice. Gently pat your skin dry and apply your mask with your fingertips. Allow the mask to sit on the skin for 20 minutes before removing it with warm water. Be sure and apply your favorite moisturizer when finished.

I have two favorite masks that I am l loving lately. My skin is combination skin, sensitive, and prone to breakouts. I stumbled across Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure, skin-clarifying mask at Ulta this summer. I picked up this $5.99 mask because I couldn’t stop reading the amazing reviews and I couldn’t believe the price. This mask lives by its motto and goes right to work on clogged pores. The smell of this mask alone is beyond delicious, exhibiting the smell of a field of strawberries. I truly can say that after using this mask over the past 8-10 weeks, I feel that it truly works GREAT eliminating impurities. When I feel a breakout coming on, I apply this before bed. I have not only noticed a reduction in my pore size, but in the amount of redness in my skin. Give this mask a try, and in one application you will see and feel a difference in the surface of your skin.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. Need I say more about the QUEEN?! This mask truly rocks! I was introduced to this diamond in the rough by my cousin, who is pry the one and only person that I know who is as obsessed with everything beauty and fashion as I am. I actually use this mask as a spot treatment on my already existing breakouts. With one application, you will be sold. At $3.99, this stuff is irresistible. Easily found at Walgreens or Ulta.
 
 
 

Freeman Beauty has great facial masks as well that I recommend trying. Avocado and Oatmeal Facial Mask is a great nourishing mask with Vitamin E, Avocado, and Oatmeal. Perfect for normal to combination skin.
Want a great mask to exfoliate and purify the skin? Try Freeman Beauty, Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Mask. It has cooling and moisturizing properties that peel away impurities. Cucumber Extracts and Aloe soothe, moisturize, and repair the skin. Perfect for normal to combination skin. Both of these great masks are available for $3.99 at any Walgreens or Ulta.

I cannot stress enough how my skin has changed by adding an affordable mask to my routine just twice a week. My skin tone is softer and my breakouts are slim to none.

So ladies grab your girlfriends, your favorite mask, and a bottle of wine and have some fun!
If you would like me to blog about my holy grail skin care routine, please let me know.
Have yourself a fantastic week!
 
<3 Ash
 

1 comment:

  1. Would be much more relaxing if we could get the husbands to apply it!!!!

    ReplyDelete